The NMC maintains all the computer and related peripherals in CSIR-CEERI. It has necessary infrastructure to carry out its activities and to maintain campus wide network. Support services provided by the NMC , catering to the needs of the various departments of CSIR-CEERI.
- Internet connectivity inside the CSIR-CEERI campus is provided by NKN (1 Gbps) and BSNL (100 Mbps). Highly efficient Black Diamond Extreme Core Switch 8800 which also acts as DHCP Server.
- Most of the departments are connected through distribution Switches through 1/10 Gbps Optical fibre cable from core switch.
- Fortinet UTM/Firewall with application control and IDS/IPS.
- There are 20 distribution switches and many more POE switches.
- There are 60 manageable CISCO/ARUBA/Fortinet/D-Link switches running in campus.
- There are 20 access points in the Institute for providing wireless connectivity to users.
Around 800 systems and 50 UPS installed in various locations across CEERI, are maintained by the NMC. Patches, Updates and service packs for the operating system installed periodically by this department. The peripherals attached to the systems are also maintained.
The NMC is actively involved in providing specifications for the systems and peripherals according to user requirement. It also helps in CPP portal and GeM Portal related IT services.
The NMC collaborates with the R&D staff for providing software support. NMC manages the license servers for all scientific Software used by researchers like:
- Advanced Design System