CSIR through its constituent lab CEERI, Pilani is setting up an Incubation-cum-Innovation Centre at Jaipur to support Make-in-India, Start-up India and Skill India programmes of Govt. of India. CSIR including CEERI knowledge base and developed technologies will be brought in for exploitation by Micro Small & Medium Entrepreneurs (MSMEs) for introductions of novel products which only can make Make in India Programme successful.
Start-up India initiative is critically dependent upon the ecosystem for nurturing young entrepreneurs. This Incubation-cum-Innovation centre will create the support system for Start-Ups. It will bring in specialised knowledge and technology framework for innovative developments in the space of electronics and allied technologies. It will provide a conducive environment for scientists to work with external partners for product developments and their commercial exploitation. This centre will endeavour to bring in angel investors, banks as well marketing consultants to enable entrepreneurs and start-ups grow. This centre will have two parts followed by skill development programmes,
A Common Research and Technology Development Hub
- To conduct high quality and relevant product-oriented research to meet specific industry requirements
- Disseminate first-hand research information to MSME’s/ Start-up’s for product innovation
- Creating and utilising the state-of-the-art facilities and support for engineering design, product evaluation and test certification
- Ideation for innovative electronic products in collaboration with MSME’s.
An Incubation Centre
- To provide a positive impetus to innovate and entrepreneurial initiatives of CSIR-CEERI scientists
- To help solve some of the problems associated with running early stage companies and nurture such companies by helping them to survive and grow through the difficult and vulnerable early stages of development using this unique and highly flexible infrastructure and people designed facility. This centre will be opened for all science and technology-based entrepreneurs and will also consider technologies and IP other than that of CSIR
- To create Technology Business Incubation facility for START-UP’s lead by CSIR scientists and/or based upon CSIR technologies as well as other technologies. This will also have a co-working platform, providing opportunities for Angel Investors and Technology seekers to set-up office for interacting with start-up’s and CSIR scientists
- To create, disseminate, apply and conserve knowledge primarily in the area of electronics and allied technologies for novel product development