Semiconductor device fabrication group (SDFG) is involve in GaN, MEMS, Si, flexible electronics based devices like laser diodes, ultraviolet LEDs, pressure and temperature sensors, tunable FBAR, tactile sensor for strategic and societal applications. In short term, one of the main focus of the group is to convert the prototype technologies to industry standard by improving fabrication technology of the device. In medium to long term, the group will focus to develop the industry standard semiconductor device technologies such as GaN based devices (LEDs, laser diodes, power devices), MEMS based devices (IR emitters, pressure, temperature, gas sensors), optical coating and filters (highly reflecting, anti-reflection, band-pass filters for visible to infrared regions), detectors (IR) etc. The development of these components will help in the developing of indegenious technology based system/subsytem and which will reduce the import bill and country will step toward to self reliance. In long term, group will also focus to explore the futuristic technologies such as nano-techology based devices to fill up the future demand.
Current ongoing projects
- Design, Development & Fabrication of MEMS technology based Pressure and
Temperature Sensors for Indian Navy and pilot implementation of Wireless Communication scheme with the sensors.
- Design and development of flexible tactile sensors matrix for fetal health monitoring.
- Design and Development of Tunable Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators (FBAR) and Filters.
- Ultraviolet Light Emitting Diodes emitting at 260 nm–285 nm range, grown on sapphire substrates, with FWHM in the range 10-15 nm, single device power levels up to 5 mW (5% EQE) under DC bias conditions.
- Growth of GaN based blue-green laser structure using MOCVD.
- Fabrication of Linear Variable Optical Filter (LVOF) in the 450-900 nm wavelength region.