Work Email: email@example.comPersonal Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile: 9772975628EPBX Office: 2224EPBX Residential: BSNL Office: 252224BSNL Residential: BSNL Private:
Dr. Udit Narayan Pal received the B.E. degree in electronics and communication engineering from M.M.M. Engineering College (Presently, Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology), Gorakhpur, India, in 2003, M. Tech. degree in electronics engineering from the Institute of Technology (Presently, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, in 2006 and a Ph.D. degree in plasma physics from Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra (Ranchi), India, in 2014. Since 2005, he has been a regular scientist with Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Pilani, India. He is currently a Senior Principal Scientist in CSIR-CEERI, Pilani, and Professor in Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), Ghaziabad, U.P., India. Dr. Pal is a recipient of the CSIR Young Scientist Award for the year 2015 in Physical Sciences (including instrumentation) category, BUTI Young Scientist Award for the year 2012 in Plasma Sciences, Raman Research Fellowship (RRF) for the year 2019-2020, INSA, India – RSE, Scotland, Exchange of Scientists Programme, fellowship in the year 2018.
Areas of Interest:
- Dielectric Barrier Discharge (DBD) and cold atmospheric pressure plasma devices and technologies for food, agriculture and biomedical applications.
- Mercury free VUV/UV excimer Sources for water, food and surface modification applications.
- High power plasma switches (cold cathode Pseudospark Switch (PSS) and hot cathode Thyratron) for fast pulsed power applications.
- High density and energetic short pulsed electron beam generation through gaseous discharges for microwave, Material and surface modification applications.
- Portable and tunable extreme ultraviolet (EUV)/soft X-ray sources for surface modification of biomaterials and radiography.
Special Skills: Design and development of EUV/VUV/UV sources, cold plasma technologies, high power plasma switches, and electron beam sources.
Google Scholar Link:
Research Gate Link: