Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPersonal Email: LMADANK@gmail.comMobile: 8939719446EPBX Office: EPBX Residential: BSNL Office: BSNL Residential: BSNL Private:
Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CEERI), CSIR Madras Complex, Chennai. (December 2015 – Present)
Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR). (April 2012 – Present)
Teach the courses Mathematics for Engineers and Writing a Project Proposal for the M.Tech/PhD program ‘Renewable Energy’
Areas of specialization:
Signal processing for bio-medical signals; Machine learning & data analysis; Video signal processing; Spectroscopy; Multi-rate Communication Systems
Process and system development for health monitoring, Development of novel algorithms for multivariate analysis, Development of solutions for assay of polymers
Over 20 years of experience conducting research in India & abroad and working for the Industry
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, International Research Center for Telecommunications and Radar, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. (July 2007- November 2011). Dissertation Title: Ripples in Communication – Reconfigurable and Adaptive Wireless Communication Systems based On Wavelets Packet Modulators.
Research on wavelet based signal processing algorithms and transmission techniques for wireless communication
- M.Sc. in Telecommunications (Cum Laude), Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. (Sep 2004 – August 2006)
- B.E. in Electronics and Communications Engineering (Distinction), University of Madras, Chennai, India. (August 1996 – May 2000)
Technologies transferred/industry related work
|S. No.||Technology||Collaborating organization/Industry|
|1.||Plastic Waste Sorting system for five types of plastics||M/s. Spectrum Industries Private Limited, Mangalore|
|2.||Solar tree application for estimation of energy and power||Central Electronics Limited, New Delhi|
|3.||Multi modal fatigue detection||Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd|
|4.||Non-intrusive Healthcare Analytics||Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd|
|5.||Chronic Disease Detection||Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd|
|6.||Development of Software algorithm using IR and Fluorescence spectroscopy for crude oil and other downstream fluids in refinery property measurement||M/s. Lambda Innovations Pvt. Ltd.|
|7.||Installation & evaluation trials of an On-line moisture transmitter system for crushed Copra||M/s. Marico Pvt. Ltd.|
|8.||Reconfigurable and Adaptive Wireless Communication Systems||Dutch research Delta, The Netherlands|
|9.||Extraction, Transformation and Loading tool for Retail business||Mega Ser Agresso, Dortmund, Germany|
|10.||Data science automation software with banking services||Nippon Electric Corporation (NEC), Japan|
Commendations from International Institutions
- Recipient of the NETELCOM AWARD 2010. The award is presented to the most innovative scientific contribution of a PhD student, related to telecommunications, in The Netherlands. The 2010 edition jury was chaired by Mr. Ben Verwaayen, CEO of Alcatel-Lucent/BELL Laboratories. A cash award of Euro 5000 was granted.
- Recipient of the ROYAL DUTCH/SHELL CHEVNING Scholarship granted by Shell Corporation, Europe, to conduct Masters Program at the Delft University of Technology.
- Selected as one of the two best papers of IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference-South Asian Satellite (IEEE GHTC-SAS) 2013 held at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The paper was nominated to be presented as an INVITED PAPER to the main event, IEEE GHTC conference, held at Silicon Valley, USA. A travel assistance covering the air travel expenses to travel to the conference venue was offered.
- Winner of the PROMOOD PRIZE 2010 for best student essay. Promood is the representative body of PhD candidates at the Delft University of Technology.
- Awarded the BEST STUDENT PAPER at the 10th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications, December 2007, Jaipur, India. The jury consisted of eminent teachers and academics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Bombay and IIT-Chennai.
- Offered the ERASMUS MUNDUS – MOBILITY FOR LIFE scholarship to pursue Post-Doctoral studies. The scholarship was awarded by the European Union.
- Awarded STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS to attend conferences and present paper. List of conferences include Dyspan 2011, European Microwave Week 2009 and COGART 2010. The grants are given to technical submissions ranked high in peer reviews.
- Graduated Masters Program with HONORS (CUM LAUDE) at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Published more than 60 articles in peer-reviewed international journals & conferences.
- Doctoral research funded by the Dutch Research Delta, a consortium of Dutch research organizations and telecommunication companies.
Commendations from National Institutions
- Member of the CSIR-CEERI team which won the Runner Up for the 3RD NATIONAL AWARDS FOR TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION 2012-13 from The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India under the category of Innovation in Polymer Waste Management and Recycling Technology.
- Received a fellowship under the International Travel Support Scheme of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, to present papers at the 16th International Conference on Near-Infrared Spectroscopy held at Montpellier, France during 2-7 June 2013. The fellowship covered the expenses incurred towards Air travel and registration.
- Received BEST POSTER AWARD at the International Conference on Recent Advances in Food Processing Technology (ICRAFPT 18) organized by Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT),Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Recipient of the Travel Fellowship Programme offered by the Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS), Government of India, to present an Invited Paper at the IEEE Global
- Humanitarian Technology Conference (IEEE-GHTC) held at Silicon Valley, San Jose, USA during 20-23 October 2013.
- Recipient of the ON THE SPOT OF EXCELLENCE AWARD at the Polaris Software Lab Limited, India.
- Graduated Bachelors Program with DISTINCTION at the University of Madras.