Work Email: email@example.comPersonal Email: Mobile: 7742928028EPBX Office: 2267EPBX Residential: BSNL Office: BSNL Residential: BSNL Private: 244007
Dr. Jitendra Singh received his M.Tech. degree from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi, India, in 2006, and the Ph.D. from the Sensor & Nanotechnology Group, AcSIR, CSIR-CEERI Pilani in 2016. Earlier, he was also employed in Central Research Laboratory (CRL), Bharat Electronics (BEL), Bangalore, India during 2006-2010. As a part of joint research project BEL-IISc Bangalore he was also working at the Materials Research Center (MRC), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengalore. He is currently Principal Scientist at CSIR-CEERI Pilani. He has visited several countries such as Germany, Japan and Singapore. He is member of various scientific societies in India. He has hands-on-training experience on design, fabrication and characterization of micro/nano-electronic MEMS devices. His research interest includes piezoelectric, ferroelectric and magneto-electrics thin film based micro / nano-electronic devices.
Google Scholar Link: Dr. Jitendra Singh – Google Scholar
- B.Sc. (2000, M.D.S. University Ajmer), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- M.Tech. (2006, IIT Delhi), Solid State Materials
- M.Sc. (2003, University of Rajasthan), Physics
- Ph.D. (2016, AcSIR CSIR-CEERI Pilani) Engineering Sciences
- May 2018 – contd. Principal Scientist, CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute Pilani, Rajasthan, India
- May 2014 – May 2018 Senior Scientist, CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute Pilani, Rajasthan, India
- May 2010 – May 2014 Scientist, CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute Pilani, Rajasthan, India
- July 2006 – May 2010 Member (Research Staff) at Central Research Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Ltd., Bangalore, India
- Aug 2006 – May 2010 Materials Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, IISc Bangalore, India (BEL-IISc joint research programme, working place was MRC IISc Bangalore)
- Semiconductor Device Physics and Technology,
- Electronic Materials,
- MEMS and Piezoelectric MEMS,
- Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) Resonators and Filters,
- Ferroelectric based Tunable RF/Microwave Filters,
- Micro and Nano-electronic Devices,
- Wide band gap semiconductors
|1||Design and Development of Tunable Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators (FBAR) and Filters||Principal Investigator||SERB-DST Delhi||Nov 2017 – Nov 2020||58.36 Lakhs|
|2||Development of MEMS Magnetic Sensor and RF/Microwave Tunable Devices||Principal Investigator||DMRL-DRDO Hyderabad||Nov 2017 – March 2020||78.76 Lakhs|
|3||Design and development of MEMS based piezoelectric acoustic sensors for low frequency applications||Team Member||SERB-DST Delhi||Aug 2018 – Aug 2021||48.5 Lakhs|
|4||Silicon Carbide (SiC) power devices||Team Member||RIC-DRDO Chennai||Jan 2019 – Aug 2020||25.0 Lakhs|
|5||Development of Piezoelectric ZnO Thin Films for MEMS Acoustic Sensor Applications||Principal Investigator||CEERI (In-house)||Jan 2010 – Dec 2014||5.0 Lakhs|
|6||Development of MEMS Piezo-resistive pressure sensor||Team Member||DAE-BARC||Aug 2016 – Aug 2018||60.0 Lakhs|
|7||Ferroelectric thin film based microwave tunable devices||Principal Investigator||CSIR 12th Plan||April 2012- March 2017||45.5 Lakhs|
|8||Nano-composites soft magnetic thin films based inductive devices||Team member||CSIR 12th Plan||April 2012- March 2017||35.5 Lakhs|
|9||MEMS micro heater platform for gas sensor applications||Team member||CSIR 12th Plan||April 2012- March 2017||45.5 Lakhs|
|10||Development of Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector (QWIP) at MRC, IISc Bangalore||Team Member||Scientific Advisor, PM Office||Aug 2006 – May 2010||155 Lakhs|
|11||Development of BST tunable devices at MRC, IISc Bangalore||Team Member||MeitY, Delhi||Aug 2006 – May 2010||95 Lakhs|
- ENG(CEERI): 2-224
Characterization Techniques for Semiconductor Materials, Technologies and Devices
Flexible and Non-Silicon Materials, Devices and Technologies
- Vinita (AcSIR)
- Pradeep Kumar (Jointly with IIT Roorkee)
- Surajit Das (Jointly with IIT Jodhpur)
M.Tech / M.Sc / B.Tech Trainees
- Deepika Jhajhria
- Kaushal Poonia
- Yoginder Kumar
- Mohit Kumar
- Ramakant Sharma
- Mandeep Kumar
- Bhoopendra K Kushwaha
- K.S.R.Rajeswara Rao
- Amit Kumar
- Dinesh R Rotake
- Kunwar Mohd Shibly Nomani
- Ravindra Singh
- Gunjan Kumari
- Ajay Kumar
- Ramesh Kumar
- Sarvar Singh
- Trends in Organic Electronics, Refresher Course (2 weeks) in Sciences: Organic Electronics” from 15.02.2021 to 27.02.2021 at UGC-Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC), University of Rajasthan, Jaipur Rajasthan India.
- Piezoelectric Thin Film Based Nano-electronic Devices, National Conference on Recent Advanced in Material Science and Technology, Feb 29 – March 01, 2020, Rajasthan University Jaipur.
- 2D Materials Decorated Acoustic Wave Sensors, Symposium on “2D Materials and Devices” IIT Jodhpur 27-28 September 2019.
- ZnO Thin Film Based Nano-electronic Devices, National Conference on Recent Advanced in Material Science and Technology, Feb 04-05, 2019, Rajasthan University Jaipur.
- Zinc Oxide Based NEMS/MEMS Devices: Current Status and Future Prospective, Indo-Israel Workshop on Nano-electronic Materials and Devices (I2NMD-2018), Nov 02, 2018, BITS Pilani, Pilani, Rajasthan.
- ZnO Thin Film for Sensing Applications, National Conference on Nano and Functional Materials (NFM-2014), 7-8 Nov. 2014, BITS Pilani, Pilani, Rajasthan.
- Soft Magnetic Nano-composite thin films: R&D initiative at CEERI Pilani, National Conference on National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics (NCCMP-2012), February 24-25 at Birla Institute of Technical and Science (BITS), Pilani, India
- Reactive sputter deposition of ZnO thin films for sensing applications, National workshop on characterization techniques in material science (NWCTMS 2012), February 1-3, Govt. college of engineering and technology, Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Priyanka Joshi, Jitendra Singh, V. K. Jain & Jamil Akhtar, “A Comprehensive Characterization of Stress Relaxed ZnO Thin Film at Wafer Level”, In book: Nanotechnology for Energy and Environmental Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33774-2_21
- Sanjeev Kumar Gupta, Jitendra Singh, Jamil Akhtar, “Chapter: Materials and Processing of Gate Dielectric on Silicon Carbide (SiC) Surface, Physics and Technology of Silicon Carbide Devices”, InTech open access., ISBN: 980-953-307-585-8, (2013). https://doi.org/ 10.5772/52553
- Kavindra Kandpal, Navneet Gupta, Jitendra Singh, and Chandra Shekhar, “Study of ZnO/BST interface for thin-film transistor (TFT) applications” Surfaces and Interfaces, Volume 23, April 2021, 100996 (2021).
- Surajit Das, Ashok Kumar, Ajay Kumar, Jitendra Singh, Ranjan Jha and Mahesh Kumar, “UV Light Detection Using Resonance Frequency of Piezoelectric Quartz Crystal”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, April 2021 Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 1872–1877 (2021).
- Surajit Das, Jitendra Singh, and Mahesh Kumar, “Fabrication of Fast and Reliable Pulse Laser-Ablated ZnO Nanoparticles-Based Formaldehyde Sensor”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 1872–1877 (2021).
- Surajit Das, Rahul Kumar, Jitendra Singh and Mahesh Kumar, “Fabrication of Microsensor for Detection of Low-Concentration Formaldehyde Gas in Formalin-Treated Fish” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 67, No. 12, pp. 5710–5716 (2020)
- Jitendra Singh, Ajay Kumar, Mahesh Kumar, “Highly Tunable Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonator Based on Pt/ZnO/Fe65Co35 Thin Films”, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Vol. 67, No. 10, pp. 2130–2134 (2020).
- Shuvam Pawar, Anuj Kumar, Jitendra Singh & Davinder Kaur, “Enhanced Magnetodielectric Response in c-Axis AlN Based Magnetoelectric Multilayer Encapsulating a Highly Magnetostrictive Thin Film” Journal of Electronic Materials Vol. 49, No. 8, pp. 4653–4658 (2020).
- Dinesh Rotake, Jitendra Singh, Anand Darji, Ajay Kumar, “Highly selective sensor for the detection of Hg2+ ions using Homocysteine functionalized quartz crystal microbalance with cross-linked pyridinedicarboxylic acid” IET Nanobiotechnology Volume 14, Issue 7, p. 563 – 573 (2020).
- Dinesh R Rotake, Jitendra Singh “Thin-film based sensor for the selective detection of mercury (Hg2+) ions at the picomolar range”, Sensor Review, Vol. 40 No. 4, pp. 485-495, 2020.
- Kavindra Kandpal, Navneet Gupta, Jitendra Singh & Chandra Shekhar, “On the Threshold Voltage and Performance of ZnO-Based Thin-Film Transistors with a ZrO2 Gate Dielectric” Journal of Elec. Materials Vol. 49, pp. 3156–3164 (2020).
- Shuvam Pawar, Jitendra Singh and Davinder Kaur, “Magnetic field tunable Ferromagnetic Shape Memory Alloy based Piezo-Resonator” IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 41, No. 2, Pg 280-283, 2020.
- Priyanka Joshi, Sanjeev Kumar, V. K. Jain, Jamil Akhtar and Jitendra Singh, “Distributed MEMS mass-sensor based on piezoelectric resonant micro-cantilevers” IEEE Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems MEMS Vol. 28, No. 3, Pg 382-389, 2019.
- Jitendra Singh, Ajay Kumar and J. Arout Chelvane, “Stress compensated MEMS magnetic actuator based on magnetostrictive Fe65Co35 thin films” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 294, Pg 54-60, May 2019.
- D. C. Agarwal, U. B. Singh, Srashti Gupta, Rahul Singhal, P. K. Kulriya, Fouran Singh, A. Tripathi, Jitendra Singh, U. S. Joshi & D. K. Avasthi, “Enhanced room temperature ferromagnetism and green photoluminescence in Cu doped ZnO thin film synthesised by neutral beam sputtering” Scientific Reports, volume 9, Article number: 6675 (2019).
- Kavindra Kandpal, Jitendra Singh, Navneet Gupta, Chandra Shekhar, “Effect of thickness on the properties of ZnO thin films prepared by reactive RF sputtering” Journal of Materials Science Materials in Electronics, Volume 29, Issue 17, pp 14501–14507, September 2018.
- Priyanka Joshi, Jitendra Singh, Ramakant Sharma, V.K. Jain, Jamil Akhtar, “A facile approach to fabricate ZnO thin film based micro-cantilevers” Microelectronic Engineering,Volumes 187–188, Pages 50-57, 5 February 2018.
- Mohit Kumar, Vijendra Singh Bhati, Sapana Ranwa, Jitendra Singh & Mahesh kumar, “Pd/ZnO nanorods based sensor for highly selective detection of extremely low concentration hydrogen” Scientific Reports, volume 7, Article number: 236 (2017).
- P. K. Kulriya, Mohit Kumar, Jitendra Singh, D. K. Avasthi, “Hydrogen pressure dependent in-situ electrical studies on Pd/C nano-composite” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 42, Issue 5, Pages 3399-3406, 2 February 2017.
- Jitendra Singh, R Shukla, A Bagri, RS Dhaka, J Akhtar, “Magnetization enhancement due to incorporation of non-magnetic nitrogen content in (Co84Zr16)Nx nano-composite films” AIP Advances 6 (1), 015307 (2016).
- Surendra Singh Barala, Jitendra Singh, Mohit Kumar, Mahesh Kumar, “High Tolerance of BST Thin Film Based Varactor Under Neutron Irradiation” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 63 (9), 3677-3682 (2016).
- Y Kumar, Jitendra Singh, G Kumari, R Singh, J Akhtar, “Effect of shapes and electrode material on figure of merit (FOM) of BAW resonator”, AIP Publishing, 1724 (1), 020045 (2016).
- Priyanka Joshi, Jitendra Singh, Surajit Das, JV Desai, Jamil Akhtar, “Electrical performance of Ti-ZnO-Au thin film composite structure for device application” AIP Publishing, 1724 (1), 020070 (2016).
- Jitendra Singh, Sapana Ranwa, Jamil Akhtar and Mahesh Kumar “Growth of residual stress-free ZnO films on SiO2/Si substrate at room temperature for MEMS devices”, AIP Advances 5, 067140 (2015).
- Surendra Singh Barala, Jitendra Singh, Sapana Ranwa, Mahesh Kumar “Radiation Induced Response of Ba0.5Sr0.5TiO3 Based Tunable Capacitors Under Gamma Irradiation” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science Vol. 62, No. 4, 1873-1878 (2015).
- Monika Poonia, V. Manjuladevi, R. K. Gupta, Sanjeev K. Gupta, Jitendra Singh, Pankaj B. Agarwal, and Jamil Akhtar, “Ultrathin Films of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes: A Potential Methane Gas Sensor”, Sci. Adv. Mater. 7, 455-462 (2015).
- Sapana Ranwa, Mohit Kumar, Jitendra Singh, Mattia Fanetti and Mahesh Kumar “Schottky-contacted vertically self-aligned ZnO nanorods for hydrogen gas nanosensor applications”, J. Appl. Phys. 118, 034509 (2015).
- Sachin Kumar, Snehasis Bhunia, Jitendra Singh, Animesh K. Ojha “Absence of room temperature ferromagnetism in Fe stabilized ZrO2 nanostructures and effect of Fe doping on its structural, optical and luminescence properties” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 649, Pages 348–356, 15 November 2015.
- Jitendra Singh, Arvind K. Singh, Sanjeev K. Gupta, J. Akhtar “Structure and Magnetic Properties Investigation of CoZr and CoZrN Thin Films” Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 464 pp 83-88 (2014).
- Jitendra Singh, William Ringal Taubea, Akhtar Saleem Ansari, Sanjeev Kumar Gupta, Pawan Kumar Kulriya, Jamil Akhtar, “Exchange bias and anisotropy analysis of nano-composite Co84Zr16N thin films” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 378, No. 6, pp. 164-169, (2014).
- Sanjeev K. Gupta, Bhawani Shankar, William R. Taube, Jitendra Singh and J. Akhtar, “Capacitance–conductance spectroscopic investigation of interfacial oxide layer in Ni/4H–SiC (0001) Schottky diode”, Physica B: Condensed Matter 01/2014; 434:44–50 (2014).
- Sanjeev K Gupta, Jitendra Singh, K. Anbalagan, Prateek Kothari, Ravi, Raj Bhatia, Pratima K. Mishra, V. Manjuladevi, Raj K. Gupta, J. Akhtar “Synthesis, phase to phase deposition and characterization of rutile nanocrystalline titanium dioxide (TiO2) thin films” Applied Surface Science, vol. 264(1), 737-742 (2013).
- Jitendra Singh, S.K. Gupta, Arvind K Singh, Prateek Kothatri,R.K. Kotnala and Jamil Akhtar, “Investigatin of structure and magnetic properties of Ni, NiFe and NiFe2O4 films”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 324, No. 6, pp. 999-1005 2012.
- Jitendra Singh, and S. B. Krupanidhi, “Multilayer Bi1.5Zn1.0Nb1.5O7 / Ba0.6Sr0.4TiO3 / Bi1.5Zn1.0Nb1.5O7 thin films for tunable microwave applications”, Applied Surface Science, Volume 257, Issue 6, 2214 (2011).
- Jitendra Singh, and S. B. Krupanidhi, “Probing disorder in cubic pyrochlore Bi1.5Zn1.0Nb1.5O7 (BZN) thin films”, Solid State Communication, 150, 2257 (2010).
- Monika Poonia, Sumita Choudhari, Sheba Jamil, Sanjeev Kumar Gupta, Jitendra Singh, Jamil Akhtar, “Development of polycrystalline diffused piezoresistors using e-beam evaporation method for MEMS applications”, International Journal of Advancements in Technology, Vol 2, No 1 (2011).
- Jitendra Singh, A. T. Kalghatgi, Jayanta Parui,and S. B. Krupanidhi, “High-temperature dielectric response in pulsed laser deposited Bi1.5Zn1.0Nb1.5O7 (BZN) thin films”, Journal of Applied Physics, 108 54106 (2010).