Work Email: email@example.comPersonal Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile: 9887435675EPBX Office: 2214EPBX Residential: BSNL Office: 242359BSNL Residential: BSNL Private:
Areas of Research Interest
- Algorithms: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- System Design: VLSI based Hardware Accelerators, Prototyping with FPGAs
- Design Methodologies: Digital VLSI Design, FPGA based Embedded System Design
|Scientist||CSIR-CEERI, Pilani||Sept. 2011 to Present|
|Scientist Fellow||CSIR-CEERI, Pilani||Feb. 2009 to Sept. 2011|
|Senior Project Fellow||CSIR-CEERI, Pilani||Nov. 2007 to Feb. 2009|
|Adjunct Faculty||AcSIR, India||Aug. 2012 to Present|
|Visiting Researcher||Hiroshima University, Japan||11 Jun. 2017 to 01 Jul. 2017|
|Ph.D.||Thesis Title: Hardware Accelerators for Automated Video Surveillance Systems.
Whole Ph.D. research work was done at CSIR-CEERI Pilani and degree was awarded by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India.
Supervisors: Dr. Chandra Shekhar, Distinguished Scientist & Former Director, CSIR-CEERI, Pilani, India
and Prof. Anil Vohra, Dean Academic Affairs and Dean R&D, Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, India
|M.Tech.||Microelectronics & VLSI Design||Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra||First Position in University
|M.Sc.||Electronic Science (VLSI Design)||Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra||First Position in University
|B.Sc.||Electronics, Computer Sc., Maths||Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra||First Position in College
Fourth Position in University
Ongoing R&D Projects (As PI)
- Evaluation of Behavioural Video Analytics System –(Consultancy Project Funded by: United White Metals Limited, Akurli Road, Kandivali, Mumbai – 400101, India; Participating Institutes: CSIR-CEERI Pilani and Comm-IT Israel; Project Budget: Rs. 196.12 Lakhs for CSIR-CEERI; Duration: April 2017 – April 2019)
- National Programme on Perception Engineering – Phase II for Design of an Embedded System for Low Cost Haptic Rendering of Emotion Expressions to the Blind –(R&D Project Funded by: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India; Participating Institutes: CSIR-CEERI Pilani, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, Jadavpur University; Project Budget: Rs. 109.14 Lakhs for CSIR-CEERI; Duration: December 2013 – December 2017)
- Driving Assistance Systems & Services : 360 Degree Surround Synthesis Systems – (Collaborative R&D Project Funded: M/s. Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd ; Participating Institutes are CSIR-CEERI India and Samsung India; Project Budget: 20.55 Lakhs for CSIR-CEERI; Project Duration: July 2017 – July 2018)
- CEERI-IIT Indore Joint R&D Programme: Hardware Realization of Extreme Learning Machine and Quantum Inspired Fuzzy based Neural Network – (R&D Project Funded by: CSIR-CEERI and IIT Indore; Duration: March 2017 – February 2017)
- Sakura Science Program Fellowship, 2017
- National Level Best Project Award for Ph.D. Thesis Work in ISSRD-Engineering Students Innovation Challenge, 2017
- Skoch Transformation Innovation Award for Smart Camera System Technology, 2016
- Skoch Order-of-Merit Award for Smart Camera System Technology, 2016
- VIRA-Young Scientist Award, Venus International Foundation, 2016
- IEEE Senior Member Elevation, 2016
- Biography Inclusion in Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, USA, 2016
- Biography Inclusion in Who’s Who in the World, USA, 2013
- CSIR Scientist Fellowship (2009-2011)
- National Merit Scholarship (2003-04, 2004-05)
- University Merit Scholarship (2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03)
- National Level Educational Scholarship from Indian Defense Educational Society (1997-98, 2001-03, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07)
- Gold Medal for First Position in University in M. Tech.
- Gold Medal for First Position in University in M. Sc.: Honored by Governor of Haryana, A. R. Kidwai
- Meritious Position in University during B. Sc.: Award from Higher Education Department, Haryana, India (2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03)
- Merit Certificate for First Position in College during B. Sc. (2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03)
- Meritious Position in 10th: Award from Haryana Development Authority, Narnaul, India
Invited Talks / Lectures
- 19 (At Hiroshima University Japan, IIT Indore, Kurukshetra University, Thapar University,…)
- Total Research Publications in International Journals: 16
- Total Research Publications in International Conferences: 21
Selected Journal Publications (Last Five Years):
- Singh S, Mandal AS, Shekhar C, Vohra A. Memory Efficient VLSI Implementation of Real-Time Motion Detection System Using FPGA Platform. Journal of Imaging. 2017; 3(2):20. (ESCI)
- Singh S, Shekhar C, Vohra A. Real-Time FPGA-Based Object Tracker with Automatic Pan-Tilt Features for Smart Video Surveillance Systems. Journal of Imaging. 2017; 3(2):18. (ESCI)
- Singh S, Shekhar C, Vohra A. FPGA-Based Real-Time Motion Detection for Automated Video Surveillance Systems. Electronics. 2016; 5(1):10. (ESCI)
- Singh S, Saini AK, Saini R, Mandal AS, Shekhar C, Vohra A. A Novel Real-time Resource Efficient Implementation of Sobel Operator based Edge Detection on FPGA. International Journal of Electronics. 2014; 101(12): pp. 1705-1715. (SCI)
- Singh S, Saurav S, Saini R, Saini AK, Shekhar C, Vohra A. Comprehensive Review and Comparative Analysis of Hardware Architectures for Sobel Edge Detector. ISRN Electronics. 2014; Article ID: 857912.
- Singh S, Mandal AS, Shekhar C, Vohra A. Real-time Implementation of Change Detection for Automated Video Surveillance System. ISRN Electronics. 2013; Article ID: 691930.
- Singh S, Saini AK, Saini R, Mandal AS, Shekhar C, Vohra A. Area Optimized FPGA based Implementation of Sobel Compass Edge Detector. ISRN Machine Vision. 2013; Article ID – 820216.
Selected Conference Publications (Last Five Years):
- Singh S, Saurav S, Saini R, Mandal AS, Chaudhury S, FPGA-based Smart Camera System for Real-time Automated Video Surveillance, Springer CCIS Proceedings: 21st International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT-2017), IIT Roorkee, India, pp. 1-12, June 29, 2017 – July 02, 2017.
- Singh S, Saini R, Mandal AS, Chaudhury S, Design and Development of Smart Camera System, India International Science Festival (IISF) – Young Scientists’ Conclave (YSC), CSIR-NPL, New Delhi, India, pp. 21-22, December 07-11, 2016.
- Singh S, Saini R, Saurav S, Tanwar P, Raju KS, Saini AK, Chaudhury S, Ishii I, High Frame Rate Real-time Scene Change Detection System, Springer LNCS Proceedings: 10th Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP)-Workshop on Computer Vision Applications (WCVA), IIT Guwahati, India, pp. 1-12, December 19, 2016.
- Singh S, Saurav S, Saini R, Saini AK, Shekhar C, Vohra A, Automatic Real-time Extraction of Focused Regions in a Live Video Stream using Edge Width Information, IEEE Proceedings: 18th International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT-2014), PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, pp. 1-2, July 16-18, 2014.
- Singh S, Saini R, Saurav S, Saini AK, Shekhar C, Vohra A, FPGA-based Real-time Object Tracker using Modified Particle Filtering and SAD Computation, IEEE Proceedings: 18th International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT-2014), PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, pp. 1-2, July 16-18, 2014.
- Gour P, Narumanchi S, Saurav S, Singh S, Hardware Accelerator for Real-time Image Resizing, IEEE Proceedings: 18th International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT-2014), PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, pp. 1-6, July 16-18, 2014.