“JIGYASA” is one of the major initiatives taken up by CSIR at national level for further widening and deepening its Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR).
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has launched a student-scientist connect programme ‘JIGYASA’ in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathans (KVS).
The focus of this scheme is on connecting school students and scientists so as to extend student’s classroom learning with well-planned research laboratory based learning.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JIGYASA PROGRAMME
- ‘JIGYASA’ would inculcate the culture of inquisitiveness on one hand and scientific temper on the other, amongst the school students and their teachers.
- The program will also enable the students and teachers to practically live the theoretical concepts taught in science by visiting CSIR laboratories and by participating in projects.
- The Programme is expected to connect 1151 Kendriya Vidyalayas with 38 National Laboratories of CSIR targeting 100,000 students and nearly 1000 teachers annually.
|1.||December 2018||Outreach at selected KVs||3 KVs of Bikaner (Introduction of CSIR, CSIR-Jigyasa programme, CSIR-CEERI activities, popular talk and interaction with students)|
|2.||December 2018||Outreach at selected KVs||7 KVs of Jodhpur (Introduction of CSIR, CSIR-Jigyasa programme, CSIR-CEERI activities, popular talk and interaction with students)|
|3.||April-May 2019||One day Student-Scientist Connect Workshop at CSIR-CEERI||Laboratory visit of Pilani Local Schools, Interaction with scientists and Showcasing Activities|
|4.||April-June 2019||Outreach at selected KVs*||Introduction of CSIR, CSIR-Jigyasa programme, CSIR-CEERI activities, popular talk and interaction with students|
|5.||May-June 2019||Summer Innovation Camp||This programme is for students to promote innovative ideas for solving social and technological problems. A few ideas will be shortlisted from online proposals and will be presented at CSIR-CEERI, Pilani by the students. From the presented ideas a few may be picked up for prototype/system development at CSIR-CEERI.|
|6.||July-August 2019||One day Student-Scientist connect Programme at CSIR-CEERI||Laboratory visit for KV students, Popular Lectures, Quiz Competition|
|7.||July-September 2019||Outreach at selected KVs*||Introduction of CSIR, CSIR-Jigyasa programme, CSIR-CEERI activities, popular talk and interaction with students|
|8.||September 2019||Outreach Programme at CSIR-CEERI||Laboratory and exhibition visit, Open day (CEERI/CSIR foundation day)|
|9.||November-December 2019||Outreach Programme at CSIR-CEERI||Laboratory visit for KV students, Popular Lectures, Quiz Competition|
|10.||October-December 2019||Outreach at selected KVs*||Introduction of CSIR, CSIR-Jigyasa programme, CSIR-CEERI activities, popular talk and interaction with students|
|11.||January-February 2020||Outreach at selected KVs*|
(* Visit to various KVs will be implemented as per the requests received from Deputy Commissioner, KV, Jaipur.)
CSIR-CEERI is organizing an innovation competition among the school students to promote their innovative ideas to solve relevant social and technological problems. The student teams (consisting of maximum two members) can submit their proposal online (through the registration link given below) which will be shortlisted and they will be able to present their ideas at CSIR-CEERI. From these presentations, a few ideas will be selected and corresponding students will be supported with their stay at CSIR-CEERI for development of their prototype/system and to nurture their ideas.
- Deadline for proposal submission: 15th May 2019
- Notification of shortlisted proposals: 20th May 2019
- Presentation of the shortlisted proposals at CSIR-CEERI: 28th May 2019
- Result declaration: 3rd June 2019
- Stay of students for implementation of their proposals and to nurture their ideas at CSIR-CEERI: 10th -25th June 2019
- Download the above Proposal Format, fill it properly and then upload it while registering yourself for the event.
- In case of any issue, while attaching the proposal during registration, the team may send it to the e-mail: email@example.com
The first version of the Student-Scientist Connect Program will be held on 09th May 2019 for local Pilani School. The detailed program is as follows:
Date: 9th May 2019
Venue: CSIR-CEERI, Pilani
Timing: 09:30 Onwards
- Welcome by Chairman, Jigyasa Committee
- Introduction to the event by Convenor, Jigyasa Committee
- Invited Talk
- Tea Break
- Science Talks
- Science Quiz
- Jigyasa Congress
Dr. Suchandan Pal, Chairman
Dr. Ayan Kumar Bandyopadhyay, Convenor
Dr. Niraj Kumar
Sh. Anand Abhishek
Mrs. Nalini Pareek
Dr. T Eshwar
Dr. Ayan Kumar Bandyopadhyay, Convenor