Government of India has set a target of 40 GW installations of Rooftop Systems in the country by 2022. This calls for availability of trained manpower for Installation, Operation & Maintenance of Rooftop Systems. In this regard, National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) has launched a 10-days Rooftop Grid Engineer Skill Development programme. Three such programmes have already been conducted successfully by NISE. The fourth such skill development course is being conducted during 11-23 February, 2019 in association with CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CEERI) at its Incubation-cum-Innovation Hub, Jaiur Centre, which is first in Rajasthan. This Skill Development programme is
approved by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India.
Obejctive of the Course
- Understanding of Basic concepts of Grid-connected rooftop solar power plants.
- Efficient working at every stage of safety, designing, installation, pre- and post commissioning, O&M.
- Understanding of Certification & National level policies of Rooftop SPV plants.
|1.||Name of Sector||Solar Energy|
|2.||Name of Module||Rooftop Solar Grid Engineers Course|
|4.||Duration||11-23 Febraury, 2018, 80 Hrs/10 Days|
|6.||Course Fees||Nil- Funded by NISE-MNRE|
|8.||Food||Lunch and two times tea with snacks must be provided to all the candidates during training|
|9.||Basic Qualification||Graduate Engineers with basic knowledge of Electrical Concepts; Solar Entrepreneurs; Diploma/Polytechnic plus 5
years of experience; Public Sector Undertaking Officials; EPC contractors; MNRE channel partners; Senior Energy
Department Officials of Govt. of India and Officers from State Nodal Agencies, etc.
|10.||Selection criteria||The enrolment in the course will be done on “First Come First Serve” basis. Preference will be given to Female candidates.
Note: If Number of applications will be more then enrolment to this course will be done based on Interview.
|11.||Age||The minimum age limit is 21 but there is no upper age limit.|
- Understand the basics solar energy and concept of Rooftop solar , GCRT (Grid connected rooftop solar)
- Survey a rooftop solar PV installation site
- Understand all equipment related to the rooftop solar PV system
- Design a rooftop solar PV system as per Customer’s requirements as well as appropriate codes and standards
- Prepare the necessary technical documents related to the design, installation and operation of the rooftop PV system
- Install a rooftop solar PV system based on the relevant designs and drawings,
- Operate and maintain a rooftop solar PV system including identification and troubleshooting of faults
- Undertake project management for installation of a rooftop solar PV system
- Understand necessary formalities with authorities for applications, submissions, approvals, interconnections, inspections, certifications, commissioning, etc.
- National and State Policies for Grid Integrated SPV Power Plants
- Different Metering mechanisms and Key Implementation Requirements, Standards, Regulations and Procedures for grid integrated solar rooftop
development Along with case study
- Pre-commissioning inspection of the Grid Connected Rooftop Solar PV Power Plant.
- Post commissioning inspection of the Grid Connected Rooftop Solar PV Power
Certification and Assesment
This course will be conducted based on Qualification Pack (QP)SGJ/0106 which is approved/certified by National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC). This course QP has been developed based on Industry Requirement in the field of Solar Rooftop Gridtied system. After completion of this course assessment and certification will be done by Skill Council for Green Jobs.
Download Course Content, Schedule and Application form from below.
Submit the application form latest by 31st January 2019 at: