The core research areas of Intelligent Systems group are Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Security in various application domains. Recently, group has tied-up with many industries and is executing collaborative R&D projects to solve some of state-of-the-art research and development problems related to computer vision and video analytics. In future, the group will address following major research challenges:
- Physical Awareness: The ability to detect and recognise objects and the physical environment (physical awareness) is a key capability of Cyber-Physical Systems. In particular, it provides the basis for the subsequent analysis of application situations, including all of the technological and human actors involved and their condition, goals and options. Technologies involved are sensor data interpretation and pattern recognition.
- Fully or Semi-autonomous Behaviour with the Ability to Plan Ahead and Predict the Future: Cyber-Physical Systems are able to act fully or semi-autonomously in order to fulfil goals that would typically either be set by their users or arise from their current situation. One key enabler of this capability is the ability to learn based upon experience from previous applications and interactions with different contexts. Machine learning and artificial intelligence are the technology domains.
- Human Machine Interaction: Some of the major benefits offered by Cyber-Physical Systems lie in their ability to support the actions and intentions of human beings and perform tasks on their behalf. At the same time, they also take some decisions and perform some actions autonomously and therefore exert an influence over human behaviour and social processes.
AI Computation Facility
CSIR-CEERI is offering the computation and performance storage for Artificial Intelligence and Deep learning applications. The AI@CSIR-CEERI Data Center has been established with the motto of offering Computational and AI services delivery to different CSIR Labs, Institutes and Start-ups. This AI@CEERI Center will be a platform for innovative new solutions in AI space, Machine learning, Deep learning, a gateway to test and develop solutions for projects undertaken by CSIR-CEERI.
Center in AI@CEERI is to facilitate State of the Art technology support with a cluster of 5 petaflops NVIDIA DGX-I Supercomputing facilities for prototyping in the fields of Image & Video Analytics, Natural Language Processing and Security. This newly established centre will focus on the areas of Machine Learning, NLP & AI in Text, Image Recognition, Deep Learning. In addition to this AI facility is to cater the needs of various highly computational needs of the projects, which caters to the needs of the participants of the intelligent system mission. The AI engine facility will be setup at CSIR-CEERI and it can be accessible remotely over secured VPN.
The key features and configuration of AI Center
- 5 PetaFlops (Deep Learning Workload) for AI/Deep Learning Applications.
- NVIDIA DGX Systems with Volta-100 GPU over NVLink offers 3X the speed of prior generations.
- 100 TB (NetApp) of performance storage directly connected with NVIDIA DGX cluster.
- Deep learning training, inference and accelerated analytics in one system.