Central workshop facilities in CEERI carries out part fabrication of mechanical components for the different projects undertaken by the institute. The well-equipped central workshop is capable to develop, fabricate, realis and assemble different mechanical parts required by the different R & D projects groups. The central workshop is also responsible for the quality control of the fabricated parts.
Available drilling and tapping size at the central workshop: Download PDF
Guidelines for placing the Job Card: Download PDF
Facility and Capability of Central Workshop
- CNC turning center-1 Nos. (Maxi Turning Dia. 300mm and Job length 600mm)
- Semi-Auto Precision Lathe – 1 No. (Maxi Turning Dia. 270 mm and Job length 500mm)
- Heavy Duty Lathe – 3 Nos. (Maxi Turning Dia. 600 mm and Job length 1500mm)
- Conventional Precision Lathe – 8 Nos. (Maxi Turning Dia. 330 mm and Job length 670mm)
The parts can be fabricated through turning for the below-listed materials:
- Metal: SS, Moly, Monel, Iron, Brass, Aluminium, Copper, Kovar, Nickel
- Non-Metal: Teflon, Acrylic (Perspex), Machinable ceramic, Boron Nitride, Graphite
- Vertical Milling Machine – 3 Nos. (Max. Job size X, Y , Z : 250,150 , 300, mm)
- Horizontal Milling Machine – 1 No. (Max. Job size X, Y , Z : 450,175 , 350, mm)
Drilling and tapping Section:
- Radial Drilling Machine – 1 No.
- Drilling cum Milling Machine – 1 No.
- Bench Drilling – 1 No.
- Sensitive Drilling – 1 No.
- Surface Grinding Machine – 1 No.
- Centre Less Grinding Machine – 1 No. (Grinding dia. Range: 0.8 mm to 6 mm)
Metal Cutting Section:
- CNC wire cut EDM- 1 No. (Maxi. Job size X, Y, Z: 360,250,150 mm, Wire thickness :0.25mm)
- Horizontal Band Saw – 1 No. (Maxi. cutting capacity, Round Dia.:250 mm, Square: 250 x 250, mm)
- Vertical Band Saw – 1 No. (Maxi. cutting capacity, Round Dia.:250 mm, Table size: 700 x 700 mm)
- Power Operated Shearing Machine – 1 No. (Sheet cutting, Maxi. Width 2500mm, Thickness: up to 2mm (SS), 6mm (MS and AL)
- Manual Shearing Machine – 1 No.
Sheet Metal Section:
- Hydraulic Power Press – 1 No.
- H type Hydraulic Manual Press – 1 No. (6 Ton capacity)
- Hand Operated Press – 2 Nos.
- Sheet Rolling Machine – 2 Nos.
- Sheet Bending Machine – 1 No. ( Maxi sheet width 2000 mm & Thickness up to 6 mm)
- Electric Arc Welding Machine – 1 No.
- Gas Welding Set – 1 No.
- Maximum printable volume 180 x 180 x 250 mm
- Material support for 3D printer: PLA, ABS, CPE
- Tool Cutter Grinder –1 No.
- Pedestal Tool Grinder – 2 Nos.
- Engraving Machine – 1 No.
The objective of the painting facility is to provide painting service to the R & D groups of the institute as per their requirement.
Note: The central workshop is ready to take any project-specific requirement that needs to develop for the R & D groups of the institute.