Central workshop facilities in CEERI carries out part fabrication of mechanical components for the different projects undertaken by the institute. The well-equipped central workshop is capable to develop, fabricate, realis and assemble different mechanical parts required by the different R & D projects groups. The central workshop is also responsible for the quality control of the fabricated parts.
Available drilling and tapping size at the central workshop: Download PDF
Facility and Capability of Central Workshop
- CNC turning center-1 Nos. (Maxi Turning Dia. 300mm and Job length 600mm)
- Semi-Auto Precision Lathe – 1 No. (Maxi Turning Dia. 270 mm and Job length 500mm)
- Heavy Duty Lathe – 3 Nos. (Maxi Turning Dia. 600 mm and Job length 1500mm)
- Conventional Precision Lathe – 8 Nos. (Maxi Turning Dia. 330 mm and Job length 670mm)
The parts can be fabricated through turning for the below-listed materials:
- Metal: SS, Moly, Monel, Iron, Brass, Aluminium, Copper, Kovar, Nickel
- Non-Metal: Teflon, Acrylic (Perspex), Machinable ceramic, Boron Nitride, Graphite
- Vertical Milling Machine – 3 Nos. (Max. Job size X, Y , Z : 250,150 , 300, mm)
- Horizontal Milling Machine – 1 No. (Max. Job size X, Y , Z : 450,175 , 350, mm)
Drilling and tapping Section:
- Radial Drilling Machine – 1 No.
- Drilling cum Milling Machine – 1 No.
- Bench Drilling – 1 No.
- Sensitive Drilling – 1 No.
- Surface Grinding Machine – 1 No.
- Centre Less Grinding Machine – 1 No. (Grinding dia. Range: 0.8 mm to 6 mm)
Metal Cutting Section:
- CNC wire cut EDM- 1 No. (Maxi. Job size X, Y, Z: 360,250,150 mm, Wire thickness :0.25mm)
- Horizontal Band Saw – 1 No. (Maxi. cutting capacity, Round Dia.:250 mm, Square: 250 x 250, mm)
- Vertical Band Saw – 1 No. (Maxi. cutting capacity, Round Dia.:250 mm, Table size: 700 x 700 mm)
- Power Operated Shearing Machine – 1 No. (Sheet cutting, Maxi. Width 2500mm, Thickness: up to 2mm (SS), 6mm (MS and AL)
- Manual Shearing Machine – 1 No.
Sheet Metal Section:
- Hydraulic Power Press – 1 No.
- H type Hydraulic Manual Press – 1 No. (6 Ton capacity)
- Hand Operated Press – 2 Nos.
- Sheet Rolling Machine – 2 Nos.
- Sheet Bending Machine – 1 No. ( Maxi sheet width 2000 mm & Thickness up to 6 mm)
- Electric Arc Welding Machine – 1 No.
- Gas Welding Set – 1 No.
- Maximum printable volume 180 x 180 x 250 mm
- Material support for 3D printer: PLA, ABS, CPE
- Tool Cutter Grinder –1 No.
- Pedestal Tool Grinder – 2 Nos.
- Engraving Machine – 1 No.
Quality Control facility
The objective of quality control is to check the dimensional accuracy as per the drawing of the fabricated parts at the central workshop. The available facility for quality assurance is listed below:
- Vernier calliper
- Dial gauge
- Height gauge
- Toolmaker microscope
The objective of the painting facility is to provide painting service to the R & D groups of the institute as per their requirement.
Note: The central workshop is ready to take any project-specific requirement that needs to develop for the R & D groups of the institute.