Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPersonal Email: Mobile: 9414002020EPBX Office: 2391EPBX Residential: 2505BSNL Office: 245040BSNL Residential: BSNL Private: 243900
He has done B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kanpur and M.Tech in Integrated Electronics and Circuits (IEC) and PhD in Computational Neuro-Vision from the Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Delhi. Since 1989, he has been with CSIR-CEERI, Pilani and has participated as member in the following design activities of the group, namely,
- Design of an Advanced Data Link Controller (1989-90) (for CDAC Bangalore, funded by MCIT/DIT)
- Designing an ASIC for Microwave Oven Control (1990-91) (for MICROWIN, Bhopal, funded by MCIT/DIT)
- A 68010 compatible Microprocessor design for Telecommunication applications (1993-95) (for CADC, funded by MCIT/DIT)
- Design of an ASIP for Hindi Text to Speech Synthesis (2000-2005) (funded by MCIT/DIT)
As an independent PI, he has worked in following projects :
- Design of an Embedded Processor for Smart Camera System (2007-2012) (funded by MCIT/DIT)
- National Programme on Perception Engineering (2008-2012) ) (funded by MCIT/DIT)
Along with Prof. Santanu Chaydhury, Director, CSIR-CEERI Pilani, played an important role in initiating the National Programme on Perception Engineering in the country. It is running in 7 different institutes across the country.
Currently, he is working on MeitY funded project – Design of an Embedded System for Low Cost Haptic Rendering of Emotion Expressions to the Blind under the National Programme on Perception Engineering – Phase II (2014-)
He has guided one Ph.D. and twelve M.Tech. students.